Thank you for your interest in publishing your work in Theory & Practice, the peer-reviewed journal for emerging museum professionals co-produced by the National Emerging Museum Professionals Network and The Museum Scholar. There is no cost to authors to publish in Theory & Practice. Please prepare all text in Microsoft Word.
February 1, 2021
Please provide the following:
1) Abstract, up to 250 words
2) Author biography, up to 250 words
3) Manuscript and citations (up to 5,000 words)
4) Images/videos (up to 10)
5) List of images/videos
6) Keywords (up to 5)
Please follow Chicago Manual of Style citations for your submission.
Thank you for your interest in publishing your work in The Museum Scholar, the Open Access Gold journal for museum students and emerging professionals. There is no cost to authors to publish in The Museum Scholar. Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please prepare all text in Microsoft Word using embedded endnotes. Double-space the text, with one space between sentences, and use Times New Roman 12-pt. font throughout. TMS publishes articles of up to 5,000 words, excluding endnotes and bibliography.
A complete submission consists of 6 parts:
1) manuscript and citations (as needed) without your name or other identifiers included
2) images/videos uploaded in separate files (up to 10). File names of figures should follow the convention: Smith_figure01.png
3) list of images/videos embedded in the text prior to the endnotes
4) abstract (up to 250 words)
5) author biography (up to 250 words)
6) 3-5 keywords to maximize visibility for online searches and indexing services
Complete information about the journal's submission and peer review process is located here: https://www.themuseumscholar.org/author-information1#author-info Upon acceptance, you must adjust your material to align with the TMS Style Guide: https://www.themuseumscholar.org/style-guide-1#style-guide